FILM AND ACCOMPANYING DISCUSSION GUIDES
Mothers want to breastfeed…
“High breastfeeding initiation rates show that most mothers in the United States want to breastfeed and start out doing so.” (CDC Breastfeeding Report Card 2018)
However, facts and Information are not enough…
“The incongruity between expectations about breastfeeding and the reality of the mother’s early experiences with breastfeeding her infant has been identified as a key reason that many mothers stop breastfeeding within the first two weeks postpartum.” (The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding, 2011)
Engaging stories make us receptive to learning and embracing new ideas and possibilities.
In Mother’s Milk, Mother’s Wisdom, women tell real, relatable stories of the challenges and triumphs of breastfeeding their babies. Because breastfeeding is a learned skill, and individuals have different learning styles, a multi-faceted approach to education is most effective. A film such as this appeals to visual as well as auditory learners.
What’s Included in the program:
- The 27-minute film in digital file format / streaming
- A collection of Discussion Guides for a variety of audiences – medical and nursing students and professionals, lactation consultants, and two guides for expectant parents – all written by an IBCLC.
- Printable Resources for parents and students.
The program can be seamlessly incorporated into your current breastfeeding education program or used on its own.
Three licensing options are available according to the needs of your institution, practice, or place of business:
- A public performance rights license allows for public screenings at your institution or place of business.
- A digital site license allows for the film to be hosted on your digital server/library.
- You can opt for both: a public performance license and digital site license according to your needs.
For more information and to order, please fill out the form below.